Thursday, November 17, 2005

A book from this Woman

That picture hangin' on the wall was taken by a friend.
He gave it to me when he owed me ten but now it doesn't look like much I guess.
But it's all that's left of him.
Why don’t you step in Babe?
I'll cook a meal, I'll tell you about where I've been. It will not take too long, then, I'll show you all the things I own. My treasures you might say, not worth much …
But they brighten up my day.
There, here's a book I got, from this Woman I thought I knew. I guess I read it front to back, fifty times or so. It's all about the good life, and staying at ease with the World.
It's funny how I love that book, and I how much I loved that girl.
It’s funny how I love that book and how I don’t care about Her anymore.
Hold this piece of glass up to the light from the spotlight here, in the kitchen.
It's a prism glass I found on the road, back home. Can you see that little rainbow??? Well it's not really a prism I guess it just broke in a funny way when I was on my way here.
I call it ‘My Heart’ because mine also broke when I found out I would not make it here with her since she was heading somewhere else with somebody else.
I chipped my glass heart when the fleshy one stopped beating.
I keep it as a reminder…
Well that's about all I own, and all I care to I guess. Except these sunglasses, that funny yellow vest and my father’s leather jacket.

No comments: