Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Poets don't go mad

Poets do not go mad, but chess players do. Mathematicians do go mad, and cashiers as well, but creative artists very seldom. I am not attacking logic; I only say that this danger does lie in logic, not imagination.

I took a long break from writing and got back into my old habit of introspecting and observing people. I have been also monitoring myself in different situation, and I found out that I am now able to step out from situation and become an observer of my own life.

A great talk with a monk over the weekend taught me that this is one of the meditating techniques they use, and it made me wonder a lot. Am I changing myself so much that I start to relate more to monks than to my old fellows?
Puzzled with this discovery, I went back home and looked at the music I am listening to at the moment, and it is indeed more related to chilling out and thinking than the mind blowing punk-funk shit one can listen to on TV. Am I doing something to myself??

I also went out, a lot actually, and happily came back: there isn’t just a monk in me, there is certainly still this passion that’s burning. And I haven’t forgotten my monkey, whatever I try to do, she is still comes back directly or indirectly.

I still fell her smooth skin on the tips of my fingers, and the softness of her hair still makes me shiver. She wasn’t in any of the places I went to, but of course I had to bump into someone who knows her, this little angle, and we got to speak about her. I got to realize that I was still drawn…

I know it won’t be possible, and I know I should be rational about this. But I don’t want to kill this sweet pain, that’s part of being human: longing for something…

I swim faster and better.
I have this devil that I am afraid to release, but it is seriously banging at the doors…
My wings are ready,
I never realized that I am a cool person,
Why not spreading the wings and the news????

I have kept my sanity, my heart and ability to Love.
I haven’t changed my values; Life hasn’t altered my goals and references.
Man, I hope you too are feeling great.

2 comments:

Mister Wing said...

just keep on reading then!
What else do you wanna know?

Mister Wing said...

Who i am is displayed all over your screen.
It is about my thoughts not about my identity or citizenship.
Things will hopefully stop hurting, and so will my need to write about it.
Unless i find happiness and i keep on writing...
'Wait and see' sounds better than 'seek and destroy'