Saturday, October 27, 2007

It was a year ago...


It was a year ago...
Yes, a year ago I was for the first time fasting and enjoying my evenings with a superb soul: I was waiting for her to show up, late as usual, thrilled about the time i would be spending with Her.
And when she was eventually showing up, we were talking, and talking about many things: laughing and talking more, the both of us fasting.
So, I am fasting again, and even if she is not here with me anymore I enjoy this time of the year with sweet pleasure: It has now been 7 days that i didn't touch food, still I smile.
..
Last week as i was waiting outside of a restaurant, reading a book about 'Mindful breathing' written by a Thai monk that i got in Bangkok earlier this month, came this old little man.
With no reason, he spoke to me for a couple of seconds and simply told me that i was acting like a child: I was sitting on my chair, my feet balancing as children do... He said it was graceful to see someone with a light soul and with such a peaceful aura. He then went back to his family, spoke to an elder woman who looked at me and smiled. I smiled back...
It reminded me of Her, when i was starring at her without her knowing.
I embraced this little seconds of sweetness and dived into my book again, smiling.

My body, of course, as changed a lot also:
I have become leaner and stronger.
I am more balanced and much more grounded I know.
Why 'of course'? Well, Mind and Body being so well interconnected, it is simply a consequence of what my Mind seems to be.


I feel good and look forward to the coming years:
When will come the time of my last breath, I will happily leave this ground surrounded with the good i try to spread around.

A quote to finish this little mumbling, a quote that might also simply summarize what i wrote:

'A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions.' - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Lots of Mettha.

No comments: