Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Being able to be happy...

No one had taken notice of her smile or even spotted her tears
No one had deemed her good or vile but no one had calmed her fears.
But she brought me a golden heart, on a velvet chain.
You know we'll never be apart or experience pain.
She whispered: Never be apart, never going back to the start, Or experience pain, never again.

For the longest time I have been looking at this question I wrote in my little black book.
For the longest time I have been trying to find an answer which would satisfy me and help me improve my understanding of people.
I think I found such an easy answer to this question today that it does sound like a proper answer to me or at least the best embryo I captured so far!

The question goes: Is being able to be happy a natural skill?

I have been wondering about this because I have met a lot of people who seem to have everything they need to bloom but still they cannot happy and worse: they manage to fuck up and make others feel miserable! As if it was their nature to destroy all chance of happiness when they were getting there, when they had it even!

This ability 'to be happy', this natural knack like breathing or kissing. This wonderful talent that makes you reach a state where the soul and heart are pounding so hard and to stay put in that state of bliss! Being happy, being wonderfully in love and happy with your life without trying to twist reality and just destroy everything!

This skill, I believe, is natural in the sense that you cannot learn it, you can only master it. Without it you can eventually reach a stage of happiness but will you be able to keep on being like this without working hard on it? Can you ne like the gardener taking good care of his one and only flower? Naturally bringing all the water, the love, She needs to grow and become the most wonderful flower ever, just taking care of Her as naturally as he feels the warmth of the sun on his skin. Pouring love instead of just spreading a bit here and there…

Well, I think this skill is like swimming… That's my answer, no highly philosophical but hey, i said i was a pragmatical guy, not a philosopher!
Swimming: You can always be taught, anytime, but you will only manage to be skilled if you have been taught, young.
You can always float but you won’t have a smooth style nor will you be fast and nice to look at. And even sometimes, you will only float if you have a life jacket...
I think most people try to swim in life and life resists as water does.
Then, instead of feeling the waves and bend so that all gets easy and nice again, they force their ways and by doing so never reach or stay in this state of comfortable numbness.

I look at the way I live, who I meet or still know after more than a decade and I believe I have his talent: I swim! I am a gardener and i have spotted my flower.

I found myself surrounded, physically or not by great people and all of them are able to be happy. Some have refused to stay any longer in a relationship that was exhausting their souls or altering their bodies, just because they knew it wasn’t right as per moral standards but also as per their own understandings.
Some have tried, like me, to make the relationship work by staying and try to show what being happy is. Hoping that it would be enough…
Some are still trying to make it happen, and I wish them luck.
Some have just been looking in the proper direction and met the match.
Some have suffered so much that they are the living proof that it is in their nature to be able to be happy.

I think I am in a state where I feel my wings flapping…
I feel like roaring or run in the jungle.
Jump partner, come with me: we have many things to see!

What do you look like under the sunlight?

No comments: